XP Won't Start Normally
Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:13 PM
Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:44 AM
- Boot the computer from your Windows XP CD.
- When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, press [Enter] to start the Windows Setup.
Note: Do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).
- Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
- Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and then press [R] to start the repair. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.
- Do not press any key to boot from CD if and when such a message appears. Setup will then continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.
How to perform a re-install of WinXP
WinXP Non-destructive Total Rebuild
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users