Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Persistent Incomplete Downloads

• Please log in to reply

bigheart_19

bigheart_19

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Compliments of the season to all!! My ISP is Comcast. Lately I've not been able to get a complete download via my internet connection. My NSC (Network and Sharing Center) shows that I have excellent signal. When I hit "View status" it is indicating that my connection speed is 54.0do Mbps. Now, whenever I start to download a file from the web, the sites that I use are usually trusted sites that I've been using from time to time, it usually starts download at about 200.0 Mbps and then by the time it gets to about 50% of the file it starts slowing then peters out to nothing! So, I'm left "high and dry" with a file that is only halfway downloaded. I'm using a wireless router but I have no security on it. That means all the persons within range could be using my wireless connection to do stuff while I'm trying to download. Would that affect me in the manner that I've described above???

I've used My friends and neighbors ISP's and I get full and fast downloads from all their connections. What should I do about the prevailing situation regarding my internet connection and these unfinished downloads? Do you think my ISP should help me sort this situation out? I've tried resetting the modem etc. to see if the problem could be locally solved but nothing has changed. I'm frustrated. Your help is appreciated.

Bigheart_19

Edited by bigheart_19, 28 December 2010 - 12:14 AM.

Advertisements