Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Search & Notify

• Please log in to reply

Lady Cygnus

Lady Cygnus

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Situation: Our group has a group mailbox that each of us can view using the following procedure: Tools > Account Settings > Change > More Settings > Advanced > Add (and the name of our group box).

Problem: When we flag items in this inbox (ie: follow-up tomorrow), it does not get added to our individual task lists nor do we get the reminders.

We want some way to get a notification of "THIS TASK HAS BEEN FORGOTTEN!!" and are looking for suggestions. What I would love is something that at midnight ran a report to see what was either expired or due and then emailed that report to a specific individual or set of individuals.

Further Info: I have also set it up as a separate profile so I can log into this box when outlook opens. From here I can setup rules (to say forward the emails to another person). However, some of these rules are client-side only - like flagging them as due on a specific date. This means I HAVE to log into this account for that rule to take effect - and this just ain't going to happen.

System Info: Microsoft Office 2007, Windows XP

Edited by Lady Cygnus, 21 December 2010 - 02:44 PM.

Advertisements