Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iexplore.exe memory usage increases in size

• Please log in to reply

jameslee

jameslee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I view windows task manager while browing the internet with internet explorer iexplore.exe seems
to increase in size at a fast rate. Sometimes it will be idle and only increase in small amounts.
but other times I will see the memory usage go from below 10,000- to over 100,000 in memory usage.
At one point I had 5 webpages minimized and one open while checking the task manager..the memory
usage was locked in at 250,500. When minimizing an open webpage I can see the memory usage taking
a big drop. but after the drop...the memory usage climbs back up increasing to around
70,000. (different numbers each time) At times it can look like an update is occurring with
the way the memory increases. At the moment I have two webpages opened with one minimized
and the memory usage is idled at 72,6000.

Advertisements