Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Router

• Please log in to reply

PaGrrl

PaGrrl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a linksys router The model number is WRT160N. I recently got highspeed throught centrylink. I try to pull up the linksys router but it wont come up I tried 191.168.1.1 Nothing comes up. I have tried all I can think of everything linksys sites has to offer, Now I can pull up the centrylink modem. But I need to get into the linksys. My internet speeds are slow at times like on dial up. I have Win XP. Please help me!

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
What is the model number of the Centurylink modem?

What is the IP Address of the Centurylink modem?

--

The connections should be from Centurylink's internet connection into the back of the Centurylink modem, then a separate wire from the back of the Centurylink modem into the back of your Linksys (the WAN port), then another separate wire from the back of your Linksys (one of the LAN ports) over into the back of your computer.

Centurylink internet --- Centurylink modem --- Linksys router --- Computer(s)