Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

laptop tying problem skipping back

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
I saw someone else had this problem. I tried to do what they did, but could not find tapping tab in mouse properties. I have a Gateway laptop. As I am typing, and usually when I am typing fast, the cursor will go back to something I have typed previously, like another paragraph. I have to find where the cursor went, erase what was just typed erroneously, then move the cursor back to the end of the sentence I was typing. Sometimes it will go back, highlight something, and erase what I was typing. I thought that was just the way laptops were when you typed. My daughter used my computer and said her Gateway does not do that. http://www.geekstogo...keyboard-issue/

I have a Win7 64 bit computer. It is a NV53A if that helps. I think it is the sensitivity of the touchpad that I might be accidentally touching at times, but I am not sure about that. I have a Microsoft mouse, that is wireless. But I don't always use it. I think the link I gave might be for a Vista computer...as I do not see what they are talking about under mouse properties on my computer.

Update: I chatted with Gateway. They said it might be the insert key that is causing this. I did not even know what it was for. How do you make sure the insert key is not engaged? I clicked it and then it seemed to stop. But it is doing it again. I then clicked the insert key, and escape. It is still doing it.

Edited by kelkay, 24 December 2010 - 02:10 PM.