Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How does Expedia remember my last search?

• Please log in to reply

Tollerowner

Tollerowner

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
When I go to Expedia it fills all the blanks in the same as the last time I used it.
I don't have any of their cookies.
How do they do that?

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Tollerowner,

Are you using IE8 as your browser? If so, it could be that AutoComplete is configured to do so.

You can disable AutoComplete by going to Tools, then Internet Options. On the Internet Options screen go to the Content tab, and click the Settings button in the AutoComplete section. In the Settings uncheck the box next to Forms.

Read more about that feature here--> Windows Internet Explorer 8 Privacy Statement

Scroll down to the topic of Web browsing features that store data and look for the sub-topic of AutoComplete.

Donna :D

MS-Free

MS-Free

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Are you using IE8 as your browser? If so, it could be that AutoComplete is configured to do so.

Even if you're not using IE8, I think most browsers have AutoComplete functions (available). (Check your browser's documentation for help turning off AutoComplete :D)

Could also be that they aren't relying on "Traditional" Cookies (I don't think that's the case here - but I've been wrong before). You sure they aren't using flash cookies anywhere?

Edited by MS-Free, 23 December 2010 - 11:00 PM.