Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows xp screen saver keeps changing to 1 minute

• Please log in to reply

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
i want my screen saver to run in 10 minutes but for some reason it will randomly change to 1 minute. pls help. thanks

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
So what ayou are saying is that after going to DISPLAY PROPERTIES/SCREEN SAVER and changing your screen to start after 10 minutes of inactivity and applying the new changes it will randomly at one point change the 10 minute value to 1 minute when you go back into the SCREEN SAVER menu option.

Right after applying your new changes to 10 minutes and before it changes back to 1 minute if you go back to the SCREEN SAVER menu option is the value still at 10 minutes.

Are you sure it is not your the computer SCREEN (display) that as a built-in timer for going into screen saver mode.

Are you using one of the default screen saver mode of windows or are you using one that you downloaded or that came with another program.

Edited by Alzeimer, 24 December 2010 - 04:25 AM.

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
my windows xp screensaver is set to 10 minutes then when i go to veetle.com to watch something, it will change to 1 minute. and it doesnt happen on youtube or justin.tv

Edited by realistpnoy, 29 December 2010 - 01:26 AM.