Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Epson Artisan 810 duplex printing

• Please log in to reply

Twinbird

Twinbird

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
I have an Artisan 810 printer and have a few computers connected to it. One of my computers running Windows 7 is able to print double sided automatically, but my other Windows 7 PC can only print double sided manually, the option for auto double sided print is grayed out, my laptop (also Windows 7) also has the auto option grayed out. How can I get my other computers to print double sided automatically? Thanks!

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Since it works with one computer, it is not the printer. So I would download and install the latest drivers to those other machines.

Twinbird

Twinbird

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Thanks for the reply, I just installed the printer on another computer and it has the auto option available, so It's probably just the drivers.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

...so It's probably just the drivers

Looks that way. Good luck.

DougInNC

DougInNC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am replying to a very old post about a quite old printer, but since I finally seemed to have solved this problem for myself, I wanted to share it on a reputable site like this ...

Situation: 'Auto' radio button for 2-sided printing is grayed out for Epson Artisan 810. To achieve Wireless Network printing to the Epson Artisan 810 on both sides of the page (duplex), try the steps below. These steps did not seem to be required for USB connections to the printer, and WIRED Network printing was not tested. This process solved my grayed-out "Auto" duplex selection on Windows 7 and on Windows 8 PCs.

Situation: When 'Auto' radio button for 2-sided printing is grayed out in Page Layout tab of Printing Preferences:
-In Printing Preferences, on the Maintenance tab, click Printer and Options Information
-Ensure Auto Duplexer Installed is checked for 2-sided Printing Settings
(That checkbox may be grayed out and may be checked or not checked, but continue through these instructions)
-Click OK to exit the Printer and Options Information box
-Go to the Page Layout tab of Printing Preferences and select the 'Auto' radio button for 2-sided Printing if available
(If 'Auto' is grayed out, still continue through these instructions)
-Click OK to exit Printing Preferences
-Print duplex

If your document fails to print on both sides of the page, follow the instructions below, particularly if the 'Auto' option is grayed out and/or the checkbox for Auto Duplexer Installed is grayed out (whether checked or not), then:

Locate the PC on your network where you find that you can select Auto Duplexer Installed by going to Printing Preferences, the Maintenance tab, and clicking Printer and Options Information. Auto Duplexer may be grayed out on many PCs, but I believe you will be able to check this box on the PC where the Printer was first installed as a Wireless Printer.
-After selecting Auto Duplexer Installed on the PC where it is available, click OK to exit the Printer and Options Information box, then continue in the Printing Preferences box, going to the Page Layout tab
-Select the 'Auto' radio button for 2-sided Printing
-Click OK to exit Printing Preferences
-Print duplex from the PC where you were able to set Auto Duplexer Installed and 'Auto' for 2-sided Printing
-If able to print duplex from this one PC, return to the first set of instructions above to print duplex from other PCs

NOTE: You may have to "reaffirm" that the Auto Duplexer Installed is checked on every other PC by going to the Printing Preferences Maintenance tab then selecting Printer and Options Information. This may even be required every time you want 'Auto' 2-sided printing on the PC you are USING. It seems that going to the Printer and Options Information function may reacquaint the PC with having the Auto Duplexer available.

NOTE 2: You should not have to return to the PC that I am calling "the PC where the Printer was first installed as a Wireless Printer." If you cannot locate that PC, I think you could UNinstall the Epson Drivers and Utilities from all your PCs, download the latest Driver and Utility Combo pack, and start over with a new install. I did not take that step and the above process finally solved a long-time nagging problem with this printer being used on multiple PCs.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Thanks for the update, it's sure to help others. :thumbsup: