Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC to Computer Connection

• Please log in to reply

illuminati

illuminati

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Okay so here's my problem

I have a old Sony VAIO that I am trying to connect to an older TV.
The Vaio has a vga cable with the rectangular shape and lots of pinholes, it doesnt have S video or HDMI or anything else. The model name is PCG-7T1L.
And my TV has the (rca) cable with the 3 prongs, like you would connect a gamecube or playstation with. I am trying to figure out how to connect the two but the online guides are extremely confusing. Do I need some sort of converter box too? Can you help me look for the right one on Amazon or something?

Thanks for all your help you guys are so amazing!!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Sounds like you need a VGA to phono cable/adaptor.

Something like this:
http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B0015OKZBY

illuminati

illuminati

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
So I dont need any type of converter box or anything? I read something about a scan converter box or something..

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You can use one if you want, but you don't need to.

illuminati

illuminati

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Okay it actually turns out that my TV has a S Video input. Do you think that that is more effective? Do I need a converter box for that one