Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No sound on youtube (Flash)

• Please log in to reply

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I have a windows xp OS. First of all, I cannot hear sounds when windows is starting up and when it shuts down. I also cannot hear sounds from youtube. The volume control doesn't show up on my taskbar too, it disappeared. However, I can hear sounds from my songs using windows media player or winamp.
Now I've come across a fix that could possibly work but it just won't let me.

The Fix:
1. Launch Registry Editor
by typing ‘regedit’ at Run command
2. Navigate to the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
3. On the right pane, and check for existence of “wavemapper” registry subkey. If it is not there, then create a new string value named “wavemapper”, and give the entry value “msacm32.drv”.If wavemapper entry is already there, ensure that its value data is “msacm32.drv”.

Also, you have to ensure, and verify, that the msacm32.drv driver file exists in C:\Windows\System32 folder. If the file is missing in that location, search for another copy of msacm32.drv on your computer, or copy that file from another Windows PC.

Why it won't let me:

When I try to create a new string value named wavemapper, it tells me that "The Registry Editor cannot rename New Value #1. The specified value name already exists. Type another name and try again."

For people, it didn't say that to them and the fix worked for them. Please come up with a solution to help me.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

When I try to create a new string value named wavemapper, it tells me that "The Registry Editor cannot rename New Value #1. The specified value name already exists. Type another name and try again."

That error means that the "wavemapper" entry is already in there.

In regedit, go back into:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

then grab the scroll bar in the right pane and scroll all the way down. The "wavemapper" entry should be at, or near the bottom. (It's sorted alphabetically).

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

That error means that the "wavemapper" entry is already in there.

In regedit, go back into:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

then grab the scroll bar in the right pane and scroll all the way down. The "wavemapper" entry should be at, or near the bottom. (It's sorted alphabetically).

On the right panel it showed only one default value. The others were hidden. I fixed it by removing all priviliges from the users and after I did that, the other values, including wavemapper, appeared back. I rebooted my computer and u can hear the shutting down and welcoming sounds. Problem fixed because i searched through the entire web just for this fix. -.-

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

On the right panel it showed only one default value. The others were hidden. I fixed it by removing all priviliges from the users and after I did that, the other values, including wavemapper, appeared back. I rebooted my computer and u can hear the shutting down and welcoming sounds. Problem fixed because i searched through the entire web just for this fix. -.-

Wouldn't that be "restored all privileges"? :D

Whichever ... Good to hear you got it fixed! Thanks for posting back. ;)