Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

networking

• Please log in to reply

eddie928

eddie928

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running windows 7 premium

on a toshiba L500-1xc
My subnetmask is 255.255.255.255
defult gateway 0.0.0.0
This l;ooks like it could be a problem as it is a broadcast address
i cant connect to a network?
can this be fixed

Advertisements

cherylfoster

cherylfoster

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Computer networks, usually referred to as a network, is a collection of interconnected computers and communications equipment, channels of communication between the user and allows users to share resources. Network can be divided according to various characteristics. The computer network allows the sharing of resources and information between the Internet can be divided into hardware and software technology under devices.Computer for the interconnection network of the various devices, such as optical fiber, Ethernet, Wireless LAN, HomePNA, and power lines Communication or G.hn.

eddie928

eddie928

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you Cherylfoster
I can understand what a network is but as i
have a subnetmask of 255.255.255.255 this is known as a broadcast address.
one of two that cannot be used on a network,I guess my real question is did the store i purchased
the computer from sell me a bad computer.
Or can i change this address manualy?
thanks again