Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My cpu temp?

• Please log in to reply

ryang96

ryang96

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
hello,

i just decided to look at my cpu temp today, its around 60C. i dont know if this is bad. i re-applied thermal paste, used artic silver 5 compound. i am using the stock cooler for the cpu. Im wondering if it could be an issue of too much thermal paste on the CPU but there isnt that much on there. I will send a picture of my computer if needed. Thanks

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
While 60°C is pretty warm, it is not considered "hot" or excessive. Thin is certainly better when it comes to applying TIM. See my sticky: Thermal Interface Material.

Note too it does not matter how efficiently your cooler removes the heat from the CPU if the case does not expel the heat from the interior of the case. You must have adequate front to back air flow through the case.

Also note that unless you are overclocking, the OEM supplied coolers are just fine. If you are overclocking, stop until you resolve these heat issues.