Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Who is the MySQL client?

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

Using, for the first time, a PHP page to test a connection to a MySQL dbase. I'm using the sample code for this test from the hosting company. I get this error - "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client". Now I'm trying to figure out - "Who is the client?" Is it my machine? Since their server is the one running the code, are they the client? I've checked all settings and then tried other sample code for testing and got the same result.

I can confirm if need be, but I'm pretty sure off the top of my head that the dbase is MySQL 5.0.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

codingideas

codingideas

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Does the SQL database allow remote connections? You should get familiarized with http://wb.mysql.com/

Edited by codingideas, 27 December 2010 - 11:31 PM.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Sorry, I forgot I made this post or I would have come back to edit. This issue has been resolved. The problem was the version of IIS on the server I was using. Version 6 and below will not allow a PHP connection to the database. I contacted the hosting company who upgraded my IIS to version 7 and now everything is working just fine.

Thanks...

Magus