Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dual monitor dual gfx question

• Please log in to reply

Epsilon

Epsilon

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I have two xfx 5850s in crossfire and two monitors one is asus 23.5", and a samsung 21". I can get dual monitors to work both on one card but then while I game I noticed the one card which doesn't have any monitor plugged into it will go inactive and turn off so it seems? I've tryed plugging one monitor into each video card and only one card displays, if I plug both monitors into the one card it works but while I have two games up on each screen it tends to make the one card bounce to 65C so I have to manually adjust the fan. So my main question is there a way to make it work so each video card supports one monitor? I also noticed while I have dual monitors working while both monitors are plugged into one card if I minimize one game window and open internet explorer the second card will turn on I thought both cards should always be on. This wasn't an issue to me using dual monitors this way until lately I have been getting some heavy freeze ups i'll be playing and it will carry out the sound and freeze and continue playing the last sound played until restarted, if any other information is needed just let me know thanks.

Advertisements