Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Private Server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Omiros

Omiros

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Lineage ,WoW, Runscape, Metin2, Ragnarok, Dekaron, Flyff, MU, Conquer, Aion

I am seeking for people who would like to co-operate with me and create a private
server for one of those games. You are the one who will create the patch,site e.t.c and I'll pay the
dedicated server's fees, I'll promote the server and I'll be the headmaster. I have a lot ideas
about earning a lot without trouble. In conclusion I need a special gamer-programmer in order to create
a nice gaming server. But really how much would a private server cost? Is it legal?

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts

Is it legal?

There's a quite simple answer for this;
Nope.

On a more long winded answer;
All of those games have Terms of Use in which people agree not to make your own private servers.
Geeks to Go also has a Terms of Use. And under "Point 4 - Topics, Posts, and other Content" we state;

You may post content on this site, so long as the content is not:
Illegal
Obscene
Threatening
Defamatory
Hateful
Invasive of privacy, Infringing of intellectual property rights (such as copyright and trademark rights)
Racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable.
Otherwise harmful or injurious to third parties.

Therefore, I am closing this topic.

Regards,
Olrik