Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Portable Website Copier?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I've used HTTrack to copy websites and loved it very much!

However, I am looking for a portable version so I can copy an intranet's site to my flash drive. I could not find a portable version of HTTrack so can anyone recommend one? Also, can it copy from an intranet site as well?
Thanks

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
To be quite honest. I personally don't understand why you would want to make an INTRAnet available for offline use. On the other hand. This would also not be legal as far as I know, correct me if I am wrong. But the last time I checked this would definitely fall under copyrights. You should contact the author of the site if you would like it to be available offline.

Regards,
Olrik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Thanks for your reply.

My employer has offered us an intranet training site with articles on common problems and solutions to those problems. There is so much info there, the problem is I don't have much time to study it while I'm at work. So I was thinking about simply copying this to my flash drive and study it when at home

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Ah, I understand now.
Well, simply follow these steps;
  • In the top left of your browser click File
  • Scroll down and click Save Page As...
  • Put it on a suitable location
You should be able to open the pages separately. However don't expect links to work properly.
You'll need to save each page separately.

Regards,
Olrik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Actually you're solution is better. Its certainly simple. Thanks!

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
You're very welcome. :D

Regards,
Olrik