Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:07 PM
Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:28 PM
My name is Cold Titanium , and I will be assisting you with your problem. I am still in training, so all my replies need to be checked by an expert first. So there may be a slight delay in between replies.
Please follow all of my instructions without skipping anything. Also, please refrain from experimenting around whilst I am helping you. At times some of the things I tell you to do may seem unnecessary and frustrating, but just stick to it and we'll get through
Note: Please save these instructions in a file or print them out, as the internet may not be available while we are fixing the system.
I am currently clearing my fix with the expert...
Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:09 PM
There are malicious processes blocking the execution of those tools. We need to kill those processes long enough to run our tools. First we are going to try rkill
There are 3 different versions of rkill:
Download to your desktop and then double-click to open.
If the first one does not work then try the next and so on...
If you get rkill to run then do the following steps, else come back here and tell me...
If you get rkill to run then do this...
- Download OTL to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- When the window appears, underneath Output at the top make sure it is set to Standard Output.
- Ensure the Use SafeList is selected for Extra Registry
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs
- Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTListIt.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them all in.
- Download GMER to your desktop
- Right-Click and extract it to the desktop
- Double-Click gmer.exe
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
After it finishes scanning
- Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt"
- Save it to your desktop
Post ark.txt in your next reply
I'd like to see OTL.txt and ark.txt in your next reply...
Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:14 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users