Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor went black, now PC won't turn on

• Please log in to reply

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
The computer seems to be running fine now. I thought for sure I would have internet issue, but it's working fine too.
I ran my anti malware and AV on it as well.
The only thing that I notice is my tray on my desktop seems to be missing some things (not sure what yet). And I notice when I got to the GTG website the screen looks different. Like it doesn't have the same options or something. Maybe its just setting on monitor. But I'm not too worried about that.
So, yes all that remains is the HDD drive and THANK YOU for the suggestion. Saves me a lot of time trying to research and decide :D

Unless you have other suggestions ;)

Edited by realapp, 31 December 2010 - 11:09 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts

The computer seems to be running fine now. I thought for sure I would have internet issue, but it's working fine too.

A good sign your OS etc is in order.

I ran my anti malware and AV on it as well.

Also a good sign as this is very taxing on the system and its resources.

The only thing that I notice is my tray on my desktop seems to be missing some things (not sure what yet).

I cant help you with the task bar as I don`t know what was there in the 1st place ;)

And I notice when I got to the GTG website the screen looks different. Like it doesn't have the same options or something. Maybe its just setting on monitor. But I'm not too worried about that.

Possibly something to do with being glued to a different monitor for a couple of days.

So, yes all that remains is the HDD

When you are ready that external HDD is fine :D
You are up and running now and that is a big + let us know if you require any further assistance, we are happy to help ;)