Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

A Possible Error Message! A Definite Problem!

• Please log in to reply

cassandrajd

cassandrajd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI! I HOPE THIS IS THE RIGHT FORUM SUBJECT THAT I AM TYPING UNDER! I AM NOT FOR SURE ON WHAT THESE PROBLEMS I AM HAVING
AND WHAT CATEGORIES THEY FIT UNDER! SO I WILL TRY A FEW DIFFERENT CATEGORIES TO POST THIS UNDER!

I NEED HELP WITH A COMPUTER DIFFERENT TO THE ONE I AM USING! I NEED TO GET HELP TO FIX MY GRANDMA'S COMPUTER BEFORE SHE COMES BACK FROM VACATION!

IT IS A DELL DESKTOP COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS XP! WHENEVER I TURN ON THE COMPUTER I KEEP GETTING THE SAME MESSAGE AND I CAN'T GET WINDOWS TO START AND I CAN'T LOG ON TO THE DESKTOP AND CAN'T ACCESS THE START MENU! I BASICALLY CAN'T ACCESS ANYTHING ACCEPT THE F2 OPTIONS AND THAT IS IT!

THE MESSAGE I KEEP SEEING IS Diskette drive 0 seek failure! DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS AND HOW IT CAN BE FIXED?

PLEASE REPLY RIGHT AWAY IF YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP!

Edited by cassandrajd, 27 December 2010 - 05:29 PM.

Advertisements

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
You're going to have to access the BIOS to try to fix this. Do you know how to get to the BIOS?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Argh, my ears!
Please don't type in capital letters, it gives the impression that you're shouting.

If you go into the BIOS (pressing F2), somewhere will be an option for the Floppy disk. Just need to turn this off and save.