Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photo slide show

• Please log in to reply

Lag1rich

Lag1rich

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Can anyone reccomend a free photo slide show which can show pictures from your hard drive on an external (secondary)screen? I assume I may need a plugin to drag accross to the secondary monitor to veiw the pics.

Im useing Vista and tried with windows photo veiwer but it wouldn't let me do a slide show on external screen it only came up on laptop only..

Thanks, Richard

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
An external monitor should show the same desktop & open windows exactly as you see them on your laptop if you set it up properly in Control Panel.
If it's not working that way, either you haven't set it up right or your laptop isn't capable of displaying on an external monitor.

Whichever application you use to run the slideshow is irrelevant - if it runs on your laptop display it should be visible on the external display too.

1.Check your external monitor setup in Windows Control Panel,
2.Make sure the external monitor is plugged into the correct output port on the laptop,
3.Make sure the external monitor's "source" setting is set to "PC" if it's a dual TV/PC monitor.

Lag1rich

Lag1rich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I eventually sorted it with Power point, Thanks anyway