Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD TCPIP.SYS Multiple crashes

• Please log in to reply

GenePaton

GenePaton

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Guys,

You seem like the best and only people offering solutions to this problem.
I've included the minidump zip if someone could please help.

From what i've read from other posts, something is trying to access the net at certain intervals which is corrupted.

Its basically a BSOD crash with TCPIP.SYS being the culprit IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL_TO (working from memory there)

Driving me crazy.... Tried swapping out the internal PCIe wireless card (TPLINK) but a D-Link i tried wouldn't even boot (back to using the TPLINK when i realised it wasn't the card).
Have tried latest, oldest and in the middle drivers to no avail.

Desperate....

Willing to offer monetary rewards if someone can solve it and have it running without crashing for a couple of days!!!! =(

Regards

Gene

Attached Files

Advertisements

GenePaton

GenePaton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Further information,

I've tried the following fixes but nothing seems to be working yet.

Installed all latest drivers for all motherboard devices, Razer Lycosa Keyboard, Wireless PCIe card, HP Printer,

*UNDONE (crash still occured, all reset to automatic) Device Manager, Show hidden devices, Non-Plug and Play, changed all PC Tools devices to 'Demand. Have PC Tools Internet Security installed, one suggested solution was antivirus processes failing.

Installed Microsoft Hotfix KB977067-v2-x64 from Microsofts site for IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL for IPv6 to IPv4 tunneling
Installed Microsoft Hotfix KB978982 from Microsofts site for IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL for resuming from standby

Services
Checked Windows Module Installer was set to 'manual'
*UNDONE (crash still occured) Checked Application Experience (traced to last loaded service in event log prior to crash), was set to 'manual' now set to 'disabled'
*UNDONE (crash still occured) Changed Windows Update (for its use of trustedinstaller.exe) to 'manual', and then manually killed trustedinstaller.exe process

Installed and edited the TCPIP.SYS file with Universal TCPIP Patcher to increase half connections to 120 from 10. Still crashed.

The ones marked with an asterisk are possible solutions i've come across, that didn't work and have been set back to original settings.

The crash seems to be occurring when there's high level of bandwidth usage. Eg downloading files or multiplayer games.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by GenePaton, 29 December 2010 - 05:18 AM.