Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start up Question

• Please log in to reply

whojob

whojob

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Every time I start my dell 1100 desktop My documents folder opens and shows all that is in it automatically without me opening it. Is there a way to stop it from opening automatically when I start up my PC. I have checked the start up items by going to msconfig. but nothing is there about my documents. Thanks

Now having problems computer lost a driver so went to do a system restore and it says there are no restore points

Edited by whojob, 29 December 2010 - 09:47 AM.

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hi whojob -
With the system restore, can you go Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore , and look at the left side of the screen - There is an item marked System Restore Settings - Click on this and on the next screen there is a box near the top left side - This should not have a tick in it - If it does then untick it - This will have been stopping you from saving restore points - You should have restore points for all M/soft downloads as well as your antivirus updates - I hope you are running XP SP3 so that you can get M/soft updates still - That should be the easy part -

Next go to Control Panel > System (click on this) > Hardware (click) > Device manager (Click again) - Look down the left side for any items with an Alert symbol beside it and click on the + to open the device - If no item has a symbol beside it then one by one click on each + until you see the device that requires the updated drivers - Double click on the device and follow the advice in the box beside it to update your driver -
Do you know what driver is missing and how were you informed ??

Thank You -