Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

external control

• Please log in to reply

Bookieanalyst

Bookieanalyst

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
We suspect that a vengeful person has managed to tap into our computers. How can we find out for sure and how can we stop this. Our yahoo accounts have had mail deleted and programs are running that shouldn't be. It's too confusing for little me.... Can anyone offer advise?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I suggest you try working through the malware guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. "
This enables folks to solve most problems on their own. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum at
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html

When you said someone has tapped into your computer, do you mean 1. "hacked" like a backdoor or trojan or, 2. someone actually sitting down in front of it and using it without your knowledge or approval? #2 is easy to solve. #1 you need to start with the malware guide.

Bookieanalyst

Bookieanalyst

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have tried the "suspect malware, spyware" sites. I have also already loaded my computer up with WebRoot Spy Sweeper, Ad-Aware, and Norton Systematic. No, I don't believe that it is someone physically sitting at my computer. But am beginning to think for sure that someone has managed to do something to my computer and my boyfriend's laptop so that they can mirror anything we do online and intercept our email. They managed to wipe out all of the email we had in our yahoo accounts - thus erasing the evidence we had against the people who have been harassing us. I will be working on his laptop Saturday and can use all the help I can get to get his system so no one can tap into it. I'd love to get into their yahoo account and retrieve everything they took from us though!! :tazz:

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
the malware removal guide I directed you to (top of this forum) will help you through the steps to clean up and protect yourself....but you have to do it.

Guest_yezpahr_*

Guest_yezpahr_*
There is always the Netstat option:

Start -> Run... -> CMD -> type "netstat" (without the quotes)

You will now see some stuff that is connected with your pc. We should get some new Forum here regarding those logs. If anyone would create it, it would be able to solve hack-problems and we might CATCH some hackers too. That would be a great thing, but I think it will just remain a dream...

Anywho/how/where, upload screenshot of the screen (only the black window, not desktop and stuff) to some site and give me link, or post a screenshot of your command-screen on the here if that is possible. I will take a look at it and try to help you

Bookieanalyst

Bookieanalyst

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Okay - but how do I do the ScreenShot thing you are talking about? Yes, I do have blonde in my hair, but am fairly intelligent and have been learning A LOT about computers lately. I'm an accountant and use computers a lot, but never took thetime to get into everything like this before.

I appreciate all the help I can get! :tazz: