Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exploit:Java/CVE-2010-0840.W&threatid=2147641020

• Please log in to reply

cyn54

cyn54

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I found this in my event viewer:

Microsoft Antimalware has detected spyware or other potentially unwanted software.
For more information please see the following:
http://go.microsoft....atid=2147641020
Name: Exploit:Java/CVE-2010-0840.W
ID: 2147641020
Severity: Severe
Category: Exploit
Path: file:C:\DOCUME~1\Cynthia\LOCALS~1\Temp\jar_cache7345375817597951763.tmp->bpac/a.class
Detection Origin: Local machine
Detection Type: Concrete
Detection Source: Real-Time Protection
User: CYN\Cynthia
Process Name: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe
Signature Version: AV: 1.95.2197.0, AS: 1.95.2197.0
Engine Version: 1.1.6402.0

Microsoft Antimalware has encountered an error when taking action on spyware or other potentially unwanted software.
For more information please see the following:
http://go.microsoft....atid=2147641020
User: CYN\Cynthia
Name: Exploit:Java/CVE-2010-0840.W
ID: 2147641020
Severity: Severe
Category: Exploit
Path:
Action: Remove
Error Code: 0x80508023
Error description: The program could not find the spyware and other potentially unwanted software on this computer.

I just tried to update Microsoft Security Essentials.
Error Code:0x80240022
Error description: Microsoft Security Essentials couldn't download the definition updates.
This may be caused by a missing system file, an incorrect system setting or a problem with
a registry file.
I tried to download Old Timer's Temporary File Cleaner from your site and got this message:
An unhandled win32 exception occurred in TFC(1).exe(2784). Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.

I also got the above message when I tried to update to the latest Java version.

I can't install any programs or update any either, and I tried System Restore, and after about 25 minutes, it failed. I tried several restore points. Same thing happened.
Some programs that I have tried to download say I may have a bad registry or file system or corrupt file.

I just tried to install winzip (came directly from company) Error:Zip Damaged:Possible cause: file transfer error.

I also can no longer Print Screen.

I ran an older version of OTL, which I had on a CD when you helped me months ago with a virus, and it ran but here's the message: Cannot find the D:\\OTL.txt file.

I am on a network with another computer at my house, and it keeps getting disconnected.
I work from home on my computer. I am freaking out! I just don't know what to do!!!

Edited by cyn54, 31 December 2010 - 12:52 PM.

Advertisements