Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply

Itchy Brother

Itchy Brother

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi all,I've got a H/P pavivion a6152n PC. 32 bit,with windows home premium.I get the blue screen on start up.I tried the f-8 and f-10 thing to no avail.I put a start up disk in and it was a PC Doctor program and ran tests for about an hour.When done it said it was not a hardware problem but probably software.I then put in a copy of the O.S. that I made when the computer was new.I still have the same blue screen and cant get past it.It gave me an error code of 0x0000C1F5 and three or four of these 0x00000000.Im not sure of what to do next.Do you think a new store bought O.S. of either vista or win 7 would take or would it be a waste of money? Do I now own a very expensive boat anchor?I guess if I was very tech savvy I wouldnt be here.Any help I would be grateful.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is the system booting into windows or not?
If not do the following.
  • Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
  • Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
  • Click Enter to disable it
  • The system should reboot and if not then do so.
  • When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

Itchy Brother

Itchy Brother

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry didnt work.Tried all options there and they all went to blue screen.When I got to the boot menu there was no auto stop on errors to hilight,I went ahead and tried all of them.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Anything that says something about auto starting or error?

Can you boot into windows?
If so then try this.
Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Thanks to Broni for the instructions and program

Itchy Brother

Itchy Brother

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I cant get into windows or anything.Is it possible to wipe the HD clean and install win 7?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Do you have Win7?
It looks like the system originally came preinstalled with Vista.

Itchy Brother

Itchy Brother

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes it came with vista and now Bad Vista.Just wondering if I could somehow reformat this HD and install win 7.If I took it some where for repair it would probably cost more than if I could just buy win 7 and install it.Sorry for being such a novice at this comp stuff.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Win7 runs about 100 USD for the OEM version.
Since the system has Vista it should be able to run Win7 with no problem.
There are Win7 drivers available HERE so you should probably make sure to get them first. That way you will have them once you install Win7.

Itchy Brother

Itchy Brother

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
When I buy win 7 should'nt it come with all the drivers? P.S. Thanks for helping me.

Edited by Itchy Brother, 31 December 2010 - 05:56 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not really and it is always a good ideal to have the original drivers just in case.
There is a good chance it will be able to load the drivers on it's own but just in case I would have the backup. ;)
For instance if it doesn't load the internet driver for your lan card how would you download it then when you can't get online? :D