Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dell inspiron 1720 no keyboard

• Please log in to reply

basicconcepts

basicconcepts

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
so my dads laptop pooped the bed like 4 mths ago (everything worked great prior) it needed a new mother board so he got a new one installed it turned the comp on and the keyboard doesnt work but is getting power the num lock light is on drivers are installed and the comp says that its working properly

any ideas

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Hi basicconcepts
Who fitted the keypad, if it was a paid for service it is their responsibility to correct it.
Other than that go into control panel and check the keyboard properties and see if it detected.
Post back your findings.

basicconcepts

basicconcepts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
i hooked it all back up but i figured out the problem when i was putting the comp back together i pinch and cut 2 of the wires found a new set of wires on the internet for 6 bucks should be here in the next day or 2

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Thanks for the update and good luck with the repair.