Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Internet Explorer 6.0--Cannot View Website!

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Windows XP/SP2...Internet Explorer 6.0 (updated etc...)

When I go to www.947hits.com and click the Listen Live button on the left...
I get the following message:

"Internet Explorer Script Error

An error has ocurred in the script on this page

Line: 1
Char: 1
Error: Object Expected
Code: 0
URL: http://www.947hits.com/

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"

I click YES or NO and nothing happens.

When I attempt to go to the company that makes the software needed to stream this radio station's audio (www.surfernetwork.com), I get a "This page cannot be viewed" white screen message.

Here's the clincher...
I AM able to access the website and stream download on another computer at the EXACT same time I am trying to access it on MY computer!!!! What the...!

So...I have emptied my temp files, deleted every object in my View Objects (IE Settings), disabled and enabled add-ons (ActiveX etc...), tweaked script disabling settings and lowered and customized settings in IE, disabled firewalls, disable Norton anti-virus. I've ran SEVERAL spyware/adware removals, done numerous reboots.

I surf the net pretty heavily and this is the ONLY website I cannot view properly! What else can I do??

Edited by WhoDoYouThink, 27 May 2005 - 01:24 AM.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I just installed FireFox. This time I get the following message when I attempt to go to

"The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.surfernetwork.com"

Keep in mind...when I have a friend access this website from her computer at the same exact time , the website comes up fine (IE).