Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lightScribe

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
My main question is ... if I burn something onto a CD as data can I do that with one program and then turn around and use lightScribe to 'scribe' an image on the other side?

I THINK I've said this right and I'm sure all the SMART people here will understand.

dog

As always, I'll thank you all first for your forthcoming help

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Lightscribe is the basic art of burning the label on the disk as well. However you can't use any old disk for this, you have to have special lightscribe disks in order to do this as they're coated differently.
Most CD burning software that supports Lightscribe will do both - the data and the lightscribe. You just flip the disk over when asked.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Wikipedia: LightScribe
http://en.wikipedia....iki/LightScribe

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Lightscribe is the basic art of burning the label on the disk as well. However you can't use any old disk for this, you have to have special lightscribe disks in order to do this as they're coated differently.
Most CD burning software that supports Lightscribe will do both - the data and the lightscribe. You just flip the disk over when asked.

First, thanks for your response. I guess I should clarify ... I want to create a movie for my nephew that is playable on ANY DVD and I usually use ConvertXtoDVD for that purpose and can't figure out how to get that done any other way. So what I'd like to do is burn the movie to disk with ConvertXtoDVD and then use my lightScribe to burn an image.

So based on your response, I would be able to do that?

dog