Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop keeps relaoding

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just a ideal but why not keep the second hd and put it in as the data drive? :D
This way if something does go wrong with the main drive you only have to install the OS and the programs but the data will be safe on the second drive.
It is up to you but since you already have it why not use it? ;)

Advertisements

halleyscomet

halleyscomet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I actually have the important data backed up on an external drive and need the money. I can buy the HD again when I need it. I'm going to defrag it tonight and I'll let you know how it is working.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great and I can understand the financial part of it. Please let me know and I will anxiously await your results.
I am very happy it is working now and we can save you some money. Great job and thank you for being so patient through all this.

halleyscomet

halleyscomet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Wanted to let you know its good as new =) Thanks....

Now to try to get the new virus off my laptop, doh!

P.S., you rock!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Now to try to get the new virus off my laptop, doh!

;)

Well you can do the following if you have not started it already.

I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

P.S., you rock!

:D
Thank you for the compliment and it is my pleasure to be of assistance. Good luck with the malware removal and I will watch for any updates.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you and for your patience with all the steps we took.