Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer want charge

• Please log in to reply

40vern

40vern

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
i have a new asus notebook that i left plugged up last night in a storm. now i notice that it want charge the battery. every thing is working fine however it want charge.

when i plugup the charger it sais computer pluged up but not charging.

greenlight is on on the charger. so i am wondering if something is fried inside of the notebook.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
It's always wise to plug any computer equipment into a surge-protector rather than direct into a standard mains socket. I doubt the laptop itself is damaged if Windows still runs on it, although it is possible only the charging-circuit inside it has been damaged, nothing else. My own guess, however, is that the mains adapter/mains charger was the only item that got damaged, though I could be wrong. These adapters are available separately but you must not be tempted to buy a cheaper "copy" as they can certainly fry your laptop even without a thunderstorm. Buy the genuine article from an approved supplier - more expensive to buy than a "copy" but then how precious to you is your laptop?

Oh, and don't forget to buy a surge-protected mains extension lead before you plug it in!

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
well the note book is working fine with the power cord however it just want charge the battery. i called the number for asus and they said that i just needed a new battery, i have ordered one so i will see what happens. thanks for getting back with me.