Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

status.msi

• Please log in to reply

Jaba the Hut

Jaba the Hut

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Wondering if I could get some help by someone.

I can't really remember what I was downloading, but I think it was something my wife wanted to do with pictures on our computer. Wanted to burn them to something, but nevertheless the download didn't work for some reason off of download.com so I got it from another site and it worked.

The issue is now, though, that every time we turn on the computer a windows installer tries to install the file that didn't get downloaded properly. The error comes up that windows installer is unable to find a certain such file (status.msi). The program defaults to this address on the comuputer- C:\Users\Jaxin\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS717E\setup\Status\ but this folder doesn't exist.

After about 5-10 times of pressing cancel on the installer it finally disappears, but is a nuisance to have to constantly do this every time one of us turns the computer on.

Anyone have any suggestions to stopping the installer from trying to install the non-existent file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Status.msi may belong to a HP printer of some sort.
You may need to uninstall and reinstall the driver(s) for your HP printer or some other HP type of hardware.

Jaba the Hut

Jaba the Hut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
would it be best to just remove everything to do with HP from my computer and then re-install everything again?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Try it.