Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Email

• Please log in to reply

Noggy1

Noggy1

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi

My partner has a laptop running windows vista and outlook 2007. Now she is living with me, I am trying to reconfigure her email account in order to use my broadband connection. The problem being is with the smtp. Of course the pop3 runs a normal and incoming emails come in as normal, but I cannot get the smtp to work. My broadband is with BT and I set her smtp to be mail.btinternet.com, and then I set the login credentials for her to send an emails. However, when an email is sent, it asks for the login user name and password through a pop up box for tiscali and incoming emails. This pop up box will not clear no matter how many times we enter in the details.

Does anyone know how to configure outlook 2007 and tiscali to use bt for smtp?

Thanks

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
If your email provider is BT you cannot use a Tiscali email address for sending with the BT email service.
Your partner will either have to set up and use a secondary address on your BT email account, or
you'll have to set up a separate account in Outlook for him/her using the correct SMTP & POP3 server names for Tiscali, and using the appropriate Tiscali username & password.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 03 January 2011 - 08:22 AM.