Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with new laptop and possible driver needed for touchpad

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Congratulations on a successful resolution Emma and thank you for posting how it was resolved, because you are quite correct that it may help others in the future. :D ;)

Advertisements

EmmaE

EmmaE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Thanks, Phillpower2. It feels good to know I can get back down to business now. I feel my headache slowly going away! Thanks again, everyone!

Emma

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Oh that is great! And I have to agree with you, there is a great group of members here that work well together to come to the aid of those in need.

Have a great day Emma!

Donna :D

EmmaE

EmmaE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Thanks again, Donna.

Before you all get rid of me - ;) - can you point me to the right area to see where I might find help in finding my product key for my WORD software. It seems as though I must have misplaced it when moving. I think those are pretty expensive to buy, and I hate to spend another $150 on software right now, but I have to have it for work also. Any guidance would be appreciated. :D

Emma ;)

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

can you point me to the right area to see where I might find help in finding my product key for my WORD software.

Why of course Emma!

Download Belarc Advisor from here--> Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit

That is an excellent program that provides in great detail of your installed software and hardware, missing Microsoft hotfixes, anti-virus status, CIS (Center for Internet Security) benchmarks, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server.

Once downloaded, right click and run as Administrator. A report will be provided to you.

Some of the information this program detects should NOT be published/posted on any site, not only for your own security but also to stop the illegal use of your program keys being used by people using pirated copies of these programs.

You'll find the information that you are looking for under the Software Licenses category. If the Software is already installed, Belarc will find it. If it's not installed you'll find it on the case the Software came in. Let us know and we'll find out how else you can acquire it. We had to call Microsoft one time to get a lost product key but I can't remember what it was for and what we had to provide as proof that we purchased the software. But they did provide it.

I was going to have you download this so we could get the information concerning your Communication Devices before you had posted that everything is in good standing now.

As stated above, PLEASE do not post any of the information that is provided from the report.

If you ever need anything...you know we're only a click away.

It's been a pleasure to help you. Good Luck in the New Year!

Donna :D

Edited by DonnaB, 04 January 2011 - 03:42 PM.

EmmaE

EmmaE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Donna, thank you again! What a useful tool, and there was my product key. You just saved me $150. If I could come through the computer, I'd give you a big hug!!! And I would never give my personal information out. That's a no-no in my book.

Yes, I know where you are, and I'll be sure and find you guys when I need you!

Happy New Year to you too, Donna. All the best!

Emma

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Awww! Hug has been received! :D

Take care Emma!

Donna ;)