Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Epson Stylus CX9400Fax

• Please log in to reply

v7e8r9n5

v7e8r9n5

• Pip
  • 2 posts
XP

Epson Stylus CX9400Fax Series
Epson Color Printing System Version 6.5

LPT1: Printer port

Spool print documents so program finishes faster / Start printing immediately (buttons checked)
Print spooled documents first (button checked)
Enable advanced printing features (button checked)

Projects show as being transferred to printer, but they don't print.
Scanner errors out: "EPSON Scan cannot be started."

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
To print you don't need Epson Scan.
Epson Scan is the program you use to get items from the scanner to the computer.

Also the CX9400Fax is a USB printer, not a parallel one.

The best thing to do would be to uninstall all the Epson software, restart the machine, pop the disk in and reinstall, only plugging the printer in when it asks you to and not before.

v7e8r9n5

v7e8r9n5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for responding.

I only mentioned the scanner because if the printer isn't working, the scanner won't either.

I uninstalled the software and when I went to reinstall it I realized that, well, long story short, my 12 year old doesn't have a clue of its whereabouts (if that tells you anything lol)

We went online and downloaded it and the end results is the reason for the thread.