Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Proffesional

• Please log in to reply

Programmer101

Programmer101

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi, I'm not even sure I'm allowed to be posting this but i Would like To Purchase A Windows XP Disk With License

My main reasons i'm here:

1. I prefer to use XP
2. I have had extreme trouble finding it.
3. This is a very helpful site and i think i can rely on this site to find out for me.

Oh by the way, if it helps, i'm in Australia.

Programmer101

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Why do you specifically need XP Pro?
XP Home is half the price and to all intents and purposes is exactly the same.

XP Pro supply is drying up. XP Home is still available, though for how much longer isn't known.

Innos

Innos

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
You can purchase on from microsoft's website.

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Oh by the way, if it helps, i'm in Australia.

Hi, so am I -
The last one I saw (apart from purchasing from M/soft) was on Ebay and included license also -
As mentioned above they are getting rarer, but the one I noted was about $60 or $70 (plus shipping) -
However after saying all that, I can not guarrantee that the product was 100% legal or that you would get a new copy of XP Pro -

Thank You -

Programmer101

Programmer101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
HI could i have a direct link on the Microsoft website, as i am unable to find a way to purchase xp home/pro. Thanks.

EDIT: h and i'll probably shop around at the shops too.

Edited by Programmer101, 03 January 2011 - 06:11 PM.

Innos

Innos

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

HI could i have a direct link on the Microsoft website, as i am unable to find a way to purchase xp home/pro. Thanks.

EDIT: h and i'll probably shop around at the shops too.

The microsoft's webpage is www.microsoft.com
I've searched a bit on their website about windows xp prof but didn't find any. Maybe they withdrawned it..
I've found you some other places to buy win xp prof but it would be nice to compare prices from the ones you see on internet to the ones you see on shops. See what is fitting to you and buy it.
Here are the links:Link 1
Link 2

Windows worked fine before with the old motherboard. The motherboards involved are the same and equivalent. Windows Setup only recognizes a partition with the hard disk size and without naming an XP installation. It is an original retail version. I have read that you have to mail or call Microsoft for a new 44-key code in order to reactivate it. How is it done? Would I still be able to recover my data? Is there a workaround for the Windows Setup problem I have? Thank you very much.

Are you some spammer or something? You posted your problem and in another topic..

Programmer101

Programmer101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
HI, i can't really wait for some slow internet shipping, and amazon, with the one day shipping is about $700 and i don't have that much money.
So can anyone in Australia, Victoria, near Melbourne please tell me a store i could go to that can provide me with one from 0$ - $200.
I would buy it off eBay... but i don't trust software from there and the shipping takes 12 days.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Wikipedia.org > Windows XP
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Windows_XP

Windows XP ... was first released in August 2001.

Direct OEM and retail sales of Windows XP ceased on June 30, 2008.

Microsoft continued to sell Windows XP through their System Builders (smaller OEMs who sell assembled computers) program until January 31, 2009.[5][6]

XP may continue to be available as these sources run through their inventory or by purchasing Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Pro, Windows Vista Ultimate or Windows Vista Business, and then downgrading to Windows XP.[7][8]

Mychael

Mychael

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I got a sealed in packet OEM copy of XP Pro a while back through Ebay. OEM is fine for me as I build my own anyway.
Took a while though had to work at it to get a copy.