Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to get live streaming to work on my Macbook

• Please log in to reply

muscat88

muscat88

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi folks

I have a new Apple MacBook and would love to listen to itunes radio and BBC radio. However, it just won't let me do it. The administrator has set things up in such a way to prevent this, and I wondered if there was a way to bypass his mad rules?
In network, WEB, SECURE and FTP are all ticked, but not SOCKS STREAMING RTSP and GOPHER, attached. Is there a way without going through the admin route? I've tried to explain to him what I need but it goes in one ear and out the other, language barrier I guess or something like that. Is there something I can download? anything? Please?!!

Cheers and a happy new year

Attached Files

Advertisements

calvert

calvert

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
hi,

i know next to nothing about macs or itunes, but i do know you do not need 'special' software to listen to bbc radio,

this is the link for the radio channels, its on radio one at the moment but you can use the stations button to change stations

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e/bbc_radio_one

hope it helps