Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Open Office--error 1935

• Please log in to reply

patriciape212

patriciape212

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've tried doing every possible thing to install the latest version of OO. Specifically:
-downloading and installing
-renaming mscoree to mscoreebak
-downloading http://www.microsoft...4D-074B9F2BC1BF (which failed, by the way).
-disabling all my malware programs.
-using a registry cleaner.
-updating my .NET framework.

EVERYTHING!

Here's the message that pops up:
[attachment=0]219dqj8.png[/attachment]
I'm going to sleep now because I've been dealing with this for five hours and I just can't keep crying (If I don't get this installed, I'm going to lose access to A LOT of important files--including a 65k word novel I wrote).

So please, help me! Or direct me to somewhere that can help me. Seriously, I've seen most of the threads here.

I want to wake up later and see a beautiful solution that will work (probably won't the first time, but hopefully it will).

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE !

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
OpenOffice shouldn't be that hard to install. Save the install file to your Desktop. Once download is completed, right-click on the install file and select "Run as Administrator". I have Vista and have never had to stop/block any other program for OO.

Installation FAQ

Edited by AstraNut, 03 January 2011 - 02:07 PM.