Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where to download the Aero Glass theme? =(

• Please log in to reply

EagerToLearn

EagerToLearn

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I want to download the Aero Glass theme

Now, there might be more than one version of it, so here’s a picture of what I want exactly:

Posted Image

I recently installed windows 7 and I got the aero style on an all... and it’s pretty much the same as in the above picture when it comes to all the windows’ look and the transparency and blur....

BUT...

what really rains on my parade is the ugly Windows 7 taskbar. =(
I want the Vista-style taskbar, the one that has the round glass cylinder look!! The taskbar in windows 7 is flat-looking and too wide for my taste:

Here’s a picture comparing them both.

Posted Image

Where can I download that Aero Glass theme? or buy it if it’s not downloadable for free?

I’ve searched and searched and found nothing but tricks to make XP look like vista or 7, I’ve found WindowBlinds skins, I’ve found exe files... patches.

I want none of that!!!

I just want an original theme! To apply it as you apply any other theme.

but where do i find it??? :'(

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
We exist to help people with computer problems, not customisation. There are other forums for that sort of thing.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You can achieve something similar by right-click the taskbar -> Properties -> Tick "use small icons" and "Combine when taskbar is full". The ultimate colour of the taskbar is determined by the colour of the wallpaper in 7, as opposed to Vista when it was just black.

Aero Glass is different between Vista and 7 so the actual effect you want may not be ultimately achievable regardless of the theme, as Aero is different between the two Windows versions.