Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new hardware, windows won't load

• Please log in to reply

senojmas

senojmas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Today I replaced my Intel processor with an AMD one, replaced my motherboard and RAM. built the computer back up and hit the power button.

Everything seemed to load fine but when it got to the windows loading screen my computer just restarted. This happens everytime.

Windows repair couldn't do anything but here's it's report:

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 1: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 2: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 3: unknown
Problem Signature 4: 21200840
Problem Signature 5: AutoFailOver
Problem Signature 6: 9 (this has been other values aswell)
Problem Signature 7: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Yeah it will do.
Under Windows you can't change the board drastically like that and expect it to work.

The other issue with Vista is there's no repair (from outside Windows anyway). So unfortunately you'll have to do a fresh installation.
Ironically enough, Vista's only option to fix itself is from within Windows, an in-place upgrade, which is pointless if the O/S doesn't boot anyway!