Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Desktop Build on a Budget

• Please log in to reply

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Hey Guys,

Normally I would just put this one together on my own but it's been a while since I've looked at desktop prices so I thought I'd take a poll on what else people think.

I have someone who is looking to build a new desktop on the cheapest possible budget. Looking to have everything new but the PC can be a pretty simple build. She will only use it for things like email, iTunes and internet browsing. Stuff like tax software as well but that shouldn't be to much on the PC.

Thoughts or potential parts anyone?

Thanks!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a small form factor dual-core Atom based system. Install Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and you're good to go.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Oh hey there old friend...long time no talk. I was already thinking that, I was discussing a build and helping out a friend with a new 525 1.8ghz home server, might have to steal that parts list.