Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection sharing and Bridging

• Please log in to reply

imaDG

imaDG

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, i hope you can help. Turns out im a nerd and i can't figure this out.

So instead of buying a wireless adapter for my xbox 360, i wanted to bridge it through my HP Laptop and use my wireless connection...

http://support.micro....com/kb/978618/ that is the tutorial i was using.

I just wanna say that i had it working through internet connection sharing earlier today, but for some reason i can't get it to work again.

I am running windows 7 home premium and using an ethernet cord between the two systems.

When im using ICS, the Ethernet connection pops up saying "Identifying..." and eventually says "Unidentified Network". When i turn on the xbox, it loads, and loads, then fails. I get the error "Cannot obtain Ip address from router or modem"

I know my Ethernet card isn't burnt, and i know my xbox Ethernet works too, i would like to try bridging the connections but i don't get the option to,

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Curtis

Advertisements

Double_D_Edd

Double_D_Edd

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Why are you trying to do that? Based on your description, I'm assuming you have a wireless router at home. Why not connect the XBOX to your router?

imaDG

imaDG

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My router isn't near my xbox, otherwise i would of done that