Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Driver Issue.....CPU won't boot 'system32\DRIVERS\nv

• Please log in to reply

dch1314

dch1314

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Missing or Corrupt: system32\DRIVERS\nvgts.sys

On load up. I am quite sure I have some Driver Update issue more than likely but I have no idea how to fix them other than Windows drivers. I went to NVIDIA website (yesterday) and had them scan my computer for updates and I downloaded the updated version for the only driver they found. I shut down my computer last night, only to wake up this morning to this issue. What is the problem and do you have any suggestions on how to properly update my drivers so I won't have those issues anymore. Thanks

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
If your PC is a well-known brand (HP, Compaq, Acer, Packard Bell etc) you should always go to their website for the correct drivers if it's for anything on the motherboard like integrated sound or graphics, or the motherboard chipset driver. Why? - because those PC manufacturers fit custom-made hardware and only they have the custom-made drivers to match the hardware. Drivers from elsewhere may not be compatible.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 05 January 2011 - 02:32 PM.