Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having logon problems with billing site.

• Please log in to reply

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Well this one has me confused(but that's not hard for me lately :D)
Tried accessing my auto ins web site to do some work on it but when I logged in, which was no problem, I could not access the main page. (documents & personal info about me & my policy). Once you log in your policy number shows and you click on it then it takes you to all you info in your policy.That's the part that won't activate.Had a rep (on phone)from the company try from her end & she had no problem accessing it.I went to my other lap top(same brand different model) and typed in the web site put in my ID & PSSWRD and then click the policy no# was in to the main page with no problem. I came back to this lap(the one with the problem) and did the following with yet no success:

1. typed in the site address in the URL bar instead of using the bookmark link
2. logged onto other bill sites that I deal with(3 of them)
3. Refreshed FF.(my main browser)
4. Re Started FF.
5. Rebooted computer
6. Ran security checks.( SAS,MBAM,TFC...) came clean. Not even a cookie showed on SAS and I usually will get one on there.

Things I changed on the computer with in the last 3-4 days.(changed them back and still didn't work):

1. Disabled the old JAVA programs in the FF add-ons.
a.) Re enabled them and still no change.
2. Power/Operation mode on lap for closing the lid.
a.) Instead of it going to sleep or shutting it down completely, I have to Hibernate when I close the lid as this saves more power. (as I will be working on my logs ever day for a while and it will be a lot easier/quicker for me to access them)

I've never had this situation before and that's why I'm confused about it happening now. So, if anyone has an inclination as to what is going on or other suggestions please don't hesitate to offer them.;)

Thanks
Regards
BT

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi bigtrucks,

Sorry that you had to wait for a reply. Are you still having trouble accessing your acct.? Have you tried accessing with IE on that same computer?

This sounds as if it may just be a setting on that particular computer.

See if anything in the following link may help.

Firefox cannot connect securely because the SSL protocol is disabled

Not sure if it will because you can access the site itself. Right?

What happens when you click on the policy number? Anything at all? Do you get any type of error messages?

Let me know where you stand, I'll see if I can come up with more information that may help you.

Good Luck!

Donna :D

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Hey DonnaB,
Thanks for the reply. Don't mind waiting as patients is a virtue to those who aren't wanting today's things to happen yesterday,if you know what I mean.;)
I just tried the site and NOW it works fine. Go-Figure!?;) Probably some sort of glitch. What happened when I clicked on the Policy No# was absolutely nothing.No errors no messages what so ever, it stayed on the same page. As mention it was some sort of glitch.
Thank You again for the help you offered.:D
Regards
BT

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hey bigtrucks!

You're welcome! ;)

Don't mind waiting as patients is a virtue to those who aren't wanting today's things to happen yesterday,if you know what I mean.;)

Boy! You're not kidding!

Just yesterday I had an issue with a certain site I couldn't access for days! Turned out to be my router itself. I've never had that problem before. 2 or 3 sites maybe...after we lost our satellite connection and regained it , but never just 1 site.

Don't you just love technology!?! Crazy stuff! Don't 'cha think? :D ;)

:(

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Yeah! Now that the site issue is remedied(still haven't figured that out & I'm not wasting time too either) I have another issue with my FF(firefox) Really has me for a loop.
Yep! gotta love Technology.;):D
Regards
BT