Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling is freezing

• Please log in to reply

Prominia

Prominia

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
When trying to add/remove programs I use Ccleaner, and every time i go to uninstall anything even using the built in uninstaller from windows causes my computer to freeze or take a really long time and sits there. Also while trying to choose what starts up seems to take 10-15 minutes of freezing.

Edited by Prominia, 05 January 2011 - 05:24 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I understand your frustration but you have supplied very vague information.
Why are you uninstalling programs? Is it to open free space or something else?
What is the purpose to change startup items? Is it to speed up startup?
You say you use Ccleaner so I have to ask have you used the registry cleaner part?
Please supply the above info and also do the below instructions and include the logs in your next reply.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the + by computer, click on Sensor. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"

Prominia

Prominia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I just wanted to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials because it does not seem to be working properly, but whenever i try and go to uninstall it even when i get to the screen it just freezes up. I was just using CCleaner, because i like it better then windows version, I have not yet used the registry cleaner I do not understand why Microsoft Security Essentials is doing this. I wanted to Change the startup programs to have another antiviris start instead of Microsoft Security Essentials. So Basically I just want to get rid of Microsoft Security Essentials (tried in safe mode as well).
Here is the Report:
--------[ EVEREST Home Edition © 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Quick Report
Computer SPENCER-PC
Generator Spencer
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition 6.1.7600
Date 2011-01-05
Time 21:10

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition
OS Service Pack -
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name SPENCER-PC
User Name Spencer

Motherboard:
CPU Type 4x , 2700 MHz
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 6144 MB
BIOS Type Unknown

Display:
Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Monitor Generic PnP Monitor [NoDB] (HVDZ200232)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller [NoDB]

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel® ICH10 Family 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 3A22
IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
SCSI/RAID Controller AVVA8IU8 IDE Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device (931 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive CLERGTS A7G9AJK9 SCSI CdRom Device
Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA Device
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 99898 MB (53738 MB free)
E: (NTFS) 853866 MB (768763 MB free)
Total Size 931.4 GB (803.2 GB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Network:
Network Adapter Linksys AE1000 (10.0.1.18)
Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Peripherals:
Printer Fax
Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer
USB1 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A34 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A35 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A36 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A37 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A38 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A39 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3A [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3C [NoDB]
USB Device Linksys AE1000 #2

Here is the Snapshot and i also got an error which doesn't seem to be an issue but ill post it anyway
[attachment=47002:Untitled1.png]

Here is the error
[attachment=47003:Untitled.png]

Prominia

Prominia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I just wanted to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials because it does not seem to be working properly, but whenever i try and go to uninstall it even when i get to the screen it just freezes up. I was just using CCleaner, because i like it better then windows version, I have not yet used the registry cleaner I do not understand why Microsoft Security Essentials is doing this. I wanted to Change the startup programs to have another antiviris start instead of Microsoft Security Essentials. So Basically I just want to get rid of Microsoft Security Essentials (tried in safe mode as well).
Here is the Report:
--------[ EVEREST Home Edition © 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Quick Report
Computer SPENCER-PC
Generator Spencer
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition 6.1.7600
Date 2011-01-05
Time 21:10

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition
OS Service Pack -
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name SPENCER-PC
User Name Spencer

Motherboard:
CPU Type 4x , 2700 MHz
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 6144 MB
BIOS Type Unknown

Display:

Multimedia:

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel® ICH10 Family 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 3A22
SCSI/RAID Controller AVVA8IU8 IDE Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device (931 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive CLERGTS A7G9AJK9 SCSI CdRom Device
Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA Device
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 99898 MB (53738 MB free)
E: (NTFS) 853866 MB (768763 MB free)
Total Size 931.4 GB (803.2 GB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Network:
Network Adapter Linksys AE1000 (10.0.1.18)
Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Peripherals:
Printer Fax
Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer
USB1 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A34 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A35 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A36 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A37 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A38 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A39 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3A [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Intel® ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3C [NoDB]
USB Device Linksys AE1000 #2

Here is the Snapshot and i also got an error which doesn't seem to be an issue but ill post it anyway
[attachment=47002:Untitled1.png]

Here is the error
[attachment=47003:Untitled.png]

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Autoruns log?
Also try this to stop it from running.
Lets see what you have in your startup

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Startups
Then uncheck everything that has to do with MSE and restart.
IMPORTANT! In case of laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then we have a startup problem
Try going back into msconfig and check one item and reboot
Keep doing that till you have found the problem or all are finally checked.
Post back with the results

Prominia

Prominia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Well it seems like it just wasn't security essentials, because I was doing windows update, and it froze there too for around 15 minutes. It appears that it is running smoothly at the moment with just these starting up. I finally got rid of Security Essential and it seems to be running smooth for now.
Here is the Startup Log:
No HKCU:Run Google Update "C:\Users\Spencer\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
Yes HKLM:Run ATICustomerCare "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI\ATICustomerCare\ATICustomerCare.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run NUSB3MON "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\nusb3mon.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run avgnt "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
No HKLM:Run AirPort Base Station Agent "C:\Program Files (x86)\AirPort\APAgent.exe"
No HKLM:Run QuickTime Task "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
Yes HKLM:Run iTunesHelper "C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run RtHDVCpl C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe -s
No HKLM:Run MSSE "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
No HKLM:Run StartCCC "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
No Startup User ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk C:\PROGRA~2\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE

Edited by Prominia, 05 January 2011 - 10:05 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Whats this log from? :D ;)
This isn't the Autoruns log I asked for. ;)

Prominia

Prominia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I am unsure of what log you want me to give you. I did uncheck everything from msconfigs, and it started fine. After windows wanted to update, and i let it, which then froze and gave me a wierd error message. I tried to get a screenshot of it, but was unable to.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Post 2 I asked for the following at the very beginning. I'm sorry if I confused you but the Msconfig instructions were only to turn off MSE if it was starting on startup. The Autoruns will allow me to see everything that is starting up that even MSconfig may not be showing.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Prominia

Prominia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
OK here is the report:
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
+ "RtHDVCpl" "Realtek HD Audio Manager" "Realtek Semiconductor" "c:\program files\realtek\audio\hda\ravcpl64.exe"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
+ "ATICustomerCare" "ATI Customer Care" "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\ati\aticustomercare\aticustomercare.exe"
+ "avgnt" "Antivirus System Tray Tool" "Avira GmbH" "c:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\avgnt.exe"
+ "iTunesHelper" "iTunesHelper" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\itunes\ituneshelper.exe"
+ "NUSB3MON" "USB 3.0 Monitor" "Renesas Electronics Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\renesas electronics\usb 3.0 host controller driver\application\nusb3mon.exe"
+ "SunJavaUpdateSched" "Java™ Update Scheduler" "Sun Microsystems, Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
+ "Google Update" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\users\spencer\appdata\local\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "" "" ""
+ "Microsoft Windows" "Windows Mail" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows mail\winmail.exe"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "" "" ""
+ "Microsoft Windows" "Windows Mail" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows mail\winmail.exe"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\*\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "Shell Extension for Malware scanning" "AntiVirus context menu" "Avira GmbH" "c:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\shlext64.dll"
+ "WinRAR" "" "" "c:\program files\winrar\rarext.dll"
+ "WinRAR32" "" "" "c:\program files\winrar\rarext32.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "MBAMShlExt" "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" "Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\malwarebytes' anti-malware\mbamext.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Shellex\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Directory\Shellex\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Background\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "ACE" "AMD Desktop Control Panel" "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\atiacm64.dll"
+ "Gadgets" "Sidebar droptarget" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows sidebar\sbdrop.dll"
+ "Gadgets" "Sidebar droptarget" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows sidebar\sbdrop.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "MBAMShlExt" "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" "Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\malwarebytes' anti-malware\mbamext.dll"
+ "Shell Extension for Malware scanning" "AntiVirus context menu" "Avira GmbH" "c:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\shlext64.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects" "" "" ""
+ "Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Login Helper" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\windowslivelogin.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects" "" "" ""
+ "Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper" "Java™ Platform SE binary" "Sun Microsystems, Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll"
+ "Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Login Helper" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\windowslivelogin.dll"
"Task Scheduler" "" "" ""
+ "\Apple\AppleSoftwareUpdate" "Apple Software Update" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\apple software update\softwareupdate.exe"
+ "\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-1433409112-46163214-2185458734-1000Core" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\users\spencer\appdata\local\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-1433409112-46163214-2185458734-1000UA" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\users\spencer\appdata\local\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows Defender\MP Scheduled Scan" "Microsoft Malware Protection Command Line Utility" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\mpcmdrun.exe"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows Defender\MpIdleTask" "Microsoft Malware Protection Command Line Utility" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\mpcmdrun.exe"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\NetTrace\GatherNetworkInfo" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\gathernetworkinfo.vbs"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Media Sharing\UpdateLibrary" "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Configuration Application" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows media player\wmpnscfg.exe"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" ""
+ "Akamai" "Provides networking protocol and file transfer technologies. If the service is stopped, those applications that depend on the service may fail to transfer files or otherwise function properly." "" "c:\program files (x86)\common files\akamai\netsession_win_dbc0250.dll"
+ "AMD External Events Utility" "AMD External Events Service Module" "AMD" "c:\windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe"
+ "AntiVirSchedulerService" "Service to schedule Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus jobs and updates." "Avira GmbH" "c:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\sched.exe"
+ "Apple Mobile Device" "Provides the interface to Apple mobile devices." "Apple Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\common files\apple\mobile device support\applemobiledeviceservice.exe"
+ "Bonjour Service" "Enables hardware devices and software services to automatically configure themselves on the network and advertise their presence." "Apple Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\bonjour\mdnsresponder.exe"
+ "iPod Service" "iPod hardware management services" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\ipod\bin\ipodservice.exe"
+ "TVersityMediaServer" "" "" "c:\users\spencer\appdata\local\tversity\media server\mediaserver.exe"
+ "WinDefend" "Protection against spyware and potentially unwanted software" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\mpsvc.dll"
+ "wlidsvc" "Enables Windows Live ID authentication." "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidsvc.exe"
+ "WMPNetworkSvc" "Shares Windows Media Player libraries to other networked players and media devices using Universal Plug and Play" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows media player\wmpnetwk.exe"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" ""
+ "adp94xx" "Adaptec Windows SAS/SATA Storport Driver" "Adaptec, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\adp94xx.sys"
+ "adpahci" "Adaptec Windows SATA Storport Driver" "Adaptec, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\adpahci.sys"
+ "adpu320" "Adaptec StorPort Ultra320 SCSI Driver (X64)" "Adaptec, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\adpu320.sys"
+ "AE1000" "Ralink 802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver" "Ralink Technology Corp." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\ae1000w7.sys"
+ "aliide" "ALi mini IDE Driver" "Acer Laboratories Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aliide.sys"
+ "amdkmdag" "ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver" "ATI Technologies Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys"
+ "amdkmdap" "AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver" "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys"
+ "amdsata" "AHCI 1.2 Device Driver" "Advanced Micro Devices" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\amdsata.sys"
+ "amdsbs" "AMD Technology AHCI Compatible Controller Driver for Windows - AMD64 platform" "AMD Technologies Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\amdsbs.sys"
+ "amdxata" "Storage Filter Driver" "Advanced Micro Devices" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\amdxata.sys"
+ "arc" "Adaptec RAID Storport Driver" "Adaptec, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\arc.sys"
+ "arcsas" "Adaptec SAS RAID WS03 Driver" "Adaptec, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\arcsas.sys"
+ "AtiHdmiService" "ATI High Definition Audio Function Driver" "ATI Technologies, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\atihdmi.sys"
+ "avgntflt" "Avira mini-filter driver" "Avira GmbH" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgntflt.sys"
+ "avipbb" "Avira Security Enhacement Driver" "Avira GmbH" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\avipbb.sys"
+ "b06bdrv" "Broadcom NetXtreme II GigE VBD" "Broadcom Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\bxvbda.sys"
+ "b57nd60a" "Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.x Unified Driver." "Broadcom Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\b57nd60a.sys"
+ "BrFiltLo" "Windows ME USB Mass-Storage Bulk-Only Lower Filter Driver" "Brother Industries, Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brfiltlo.sys"
+ "BrFiltUp" "Windows ME USB Mass-Storage Bulk-Only Upper Filter Driver" "Brother Industries, Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brfiltup.sys"
+ "Brserid" "Brotehr Serial I/F Driver (WDM)" "Brother Industries Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brserid.sys"
+ "BrSerWdm" "Brother Serial driver (WDM version)" "Brother Industries Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brserwdm.sys"
+ "BrUsbMdm" "Brother USB MDM Driver " "Brother Industries Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brusbmdm.sys"
+ "BrUsbSer" "Brother USB Serial Driver" "Brother Industries Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brusbser.sys"
+ "cmdide" "CMD PCI IDE Bus Driver" "CMD Technology, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\cmdide.sys"
+ "ebdrv" "Broadcom NetXtreme II 10 GigE VBD" "Broadcom Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\evbda.sys"
+ "elxstor" "Storport Miniport Driver for LightPulse HBAs" "Emulex" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\elxstor.sys"
+ "GEARAspiWDM" "CD DVD Filter" "GEAR Software Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\gearaspiwdm.sys"
+ "hcw85cir" "Hauppauge WinTV 885 Consumer IR Driver for eHome" "Hauppauge Computer Works, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\hcw85cir.sys"
+ "HpSAMD" "Smart Array SAS/SATA Controller Media Driver" "Hewlett-Packard Company" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\hpsamd.sys"
+ "iaStorV" "Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver - x64" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\iastorv.sys"
+ "iirsp" "Intel/ICP Raid Storport Driver" "Intel Corp./ICP vortex GmbH" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\iirsp.sys"
+ "IntcAzAudAddService" "Realtek® High Definition Audio Function Driver" "Realtek Semiconductor Corp." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhd64.sys"
+ "LSI_FC" "LSI Fusion-MPT FC Driver (StorPort)" "LSI Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lsi_fc.sys"
+ "LSI_SAS" "LSI Fusion-MPT SAS Driver (StorPort)" "LSI Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lsi_sas.sys"
+ "LSI_SAS2" "LSI SAS Gen2 Driver (StorPort)" "LSI Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lsi_sas2.sys"
+ "LSI_SCSI" "LSI Fusion-MPT SCSI Driver (StorPort)" "LSI Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lsi_scsi.sys"
+ "megasas" "MEGASAS RAID Controller Driver for Windows 7\Server 2008 R2 for x64" "LSI Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\megasas.sys"
+ "MegaSR" "LSI MegaRAID Software RAID Driver" "LSI Corporation, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\megasr.sys"
+ "nfrd960" "IBM ServeRAID Controller Driver" "IBM Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\nfrd960.sys"
+ "nusb3hub" "USB 3.0 Hub Driver" "Renesas Electronics Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\nusb3hub.sys"
+ "nusb3xhc" "USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver" "Renesas Electronics Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\nusb3xhc.sys"
+ "nvraid" "NVIDIA® nForce™ RAID Driver" "NVIDIA Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvraid.sys"
+ "nvstor" "NVIDIA® nForce™ Sata Performance Driver" "NVIDIA Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvstor.sys"
+ "pcouffin" "low level access layer for CD/DVD/BD devices" "VSO Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\pcouffin.sys"
+ "ql2300" "QLogic Fibre Channel Stor Miniport Driver" "QLogic Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\ql2300.sys"
+ "ql40xx" "QLogic iSCSI Storport Miniport Driver" "QLogic Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\ql40xx.sys"
+ "RTL8167" "Realtek 8136/8168/8169 NDIS 6.20 64-bit Driver " "Realtek " "c:\windows\system32\drivers\rt64win7.sys"
+ "RTL8169" "Realtek 8136/8168/8169 NDIS6 64-bit Driver " "Realtek " "c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtlh64.sys"
+ "secdrv" "Macrovision SECURITY Driver" "Macrovision Corporation, Macrovision Europe Limited, and Macrovision Japan and Asia K.K." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys"
+ "SiSRaid2" "SiS RAID Stor Miniport Driver" "Silicon Integrated Systems Corp." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\sisraid2.sys"
+ "SiSRaid4" "SiS AHCI Stor-Miniport Driver" "Silicon Integrated Systems" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\sisraid4.sys"
+ "sptd" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\sptd.sys"
+ "stexstor" "Promise SuperTrak EX Series Driver for Windows " "Promise Technology" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\stexstor.sys"
+ "viaide" "VIA Generic PCI IDE Bus Driver" "VIA Technologies, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\viaide.sys"
+ "vsmraid" "VIA RAID DRIVER FOR AMD-X86-64" "VIA Technologies Inc.,Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\vsmraid.sys"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" "" "" ""
+ "msacm.l3acm" "MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM" "Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS" "c:\windows\system32\l3codeca.acm"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" "" "" ""
+ "msacm.ac3acm" "AC-3 ACM Codec" "fccHandler" "c:\windows\syswow64\ac3acm.acm"
+ "msacm.l3acm" "MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM" "Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS" "c:\windows\syswow64\l3codeca.acm"
+ "msacm.lameacm" "Lame MP3 codec engine" "http://www.mp3dev.org/" "c:\windows\syswow64\lameacm.acm"
+ "vidc.cvid" "Cinepak® Codec" "Radius Inc." "c:\windows\syswow64\iccvid.dll"
+ "VIDC.FFDS" "" "" "c:\windows\syswow64\ff_vfw.dll"
+ "VIDC.XVID" "" "" "c:\windows\syswow64\xvidvfw.dll"
+ "VIDC.YV12" "Helix YV12 YUV Codec" "www.helixcommunity.org" "c:\windows\syswow64\yv12vfw.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Filter" "" "" ""
+ "Moonlight H.264 Video Decoder" "Moonlight H264 Video Decoder" "Moonlight Cordless Ltd." "c:\program files (x86)\sopcast\codec\h264dec.ax"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance" "" "" ""
+ "ATI MPEG Audio Encoder" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc64.dll"
+ "ATI MPEG File Writer" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc64.dll"
+ "ATI MPEG Multiplexer" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc64.dll"
+ "ATI MPEG Video Decoder" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc64.dll"
+ "ATI MPEG Video Encoder" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc64.dll"
+ "ATI Video Rotation Filter" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc64.dll"
+ "ATI Video Scaler Filter" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc64.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance" "" "" ""
+ "_ VSO Preview Filter" "Video preview filter" "VSO Software SARL" "c:\program files (x86)\vso\common\vsovprev.ax"
+ "AC3File" "" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\ac3file.ax"
+ "ATI MPEG Audio Encoder" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc.dll"
+ "ATI MPEG File Writer" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc.dll"
+ "ATI MPEG Multiplexer" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc.dll"
+ "ATI MPEG Video Decoder" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc.dll"
+ "ATI MPEG Video Encoder" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc.dll"
+ "ATI Ticker" "" "" "c:\program files (x86)\ati technologies\ati.ace\graphics-previews-common\ticker.ax"
+ "ATI Video Rotation Filter" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc.dll"
+ "ATI Video Scaler Filter" "ATI MPEG Encoder" "Advanced Micro Devices Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ati technologies\multimedia\atimpenc.dll"
+ "DC-Bass Source" "DirectShow™ Audio Decoder" "http://www.dsp-worx.de" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\dcbasssource.ax"
+ "DirectVobSub" "VobSub & TextSub filter for DirectShow/VirtualDub/Avisynth" "Gabest" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\vsfilter.dll"
+ "DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)" "VobSub & TextSub filter for DirectShow/VirtualDub/Avisynth" "Gabest" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\vsfilter.dll"
+ "DivX for Blizzard Decoder Filter" "DivX ™ Decoder Filter" "DivXNetworks, Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\warcraft iii\blizzard.ax"
+ "ffdshow Audio Decoder" "DirectShow and VFW video and audio decoding/encoding/processing filter" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax"
+ "ffdshow Audio Processor" "DirectShow and VFW video and audio decoding/encoding/processing filter" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax"
+ "ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder" "DirectShow and VFW video and audio decoding/encoding/processing filter" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax"
+ "ffdshow raw video filter" "DirectShow and VFW video and audio decoding/encoding/processing filter" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax"
+ "ffdshow subtitles filter" "DirectShow and VFW video and audio decoding/encoding/processing filter" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax"
+ "ffdshow Video Decoder" "DirectShow and VFW video and audio decoding/encoding/processing filter" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax"
+ "File Source (Monkey Audio)" "" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\monkeysource.ax"
+ "FLV Source" "FLV Splitter" "Gabest" "c:\program files (x86)\tversity codec pack\flvsplitter.ax"
+ "FLV Splitter" "FLV Splitter" "Gabest" "c:\program files (x86)\tversity codec pack\flvsplitter.ax"
+ "FLV4 Video Decoder" "FLV Splitter" "Gabest" "c:\program files (x86)\tversity codec pack\flvsplitter.ax"
+ "Haali Matroska Muxer" "Haali Media Splitter" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\haali\splitter.ax"
+ "Haali Media Splitter" "Haali Media Splitter" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\haali\splitter.ax"
+ "Haali Media Splitter (AR)" "Haali Media Splitter" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\haali\splitter.ax"
+ "Haali Simple Media Splitter" "Haali Media Splitter" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\haali\splitter.ax"
+ "Haali Video Renderer" "" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\haali\dxr.dll"
+ "Haali Video Sink" "Haali Media Splitter" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\haali\splitter.ax"
+ "madFlac Decoder" "DirectShow FLAC Decoder" "www.madshi.net" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\madflac.ax"
+ "madFlac Source" "DirectShow FLAC Decoder" "www.madshi.net" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\madflac.ax"
+ "MMACE Deinterlace" "" "" "c:\program files (x86)\ati technologies\ati.ace\graphics-previews-common\mmacefilters.dll"
+ "MMACE ProcAmp" "" "" "c:\program files (x86)\ati technologies\ati.ace\graphics-previews-common\mmacefilters.dll"
+ "MMACE SoftEmu" "" "" "c:\program files (x86)\ati technologies\ati.ace\graphics-previews-common\mmacefilters.dll"
+ "MONOGRAM AMR Decoder" "AMR Filter Pack" "MONOGRAM Multimedia, s.r.o." "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\mmamr.ax"
+ "MONOGRAM AMR Encoder" "AMR Filter Pack" "MONOGRAM Multimedia, s.r.o." "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\mmamr.ax"
+ "MONOGRAM AMR Mux" "AMR Filter Pack" "MONOGRAM Multimedia, s.r.o." "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\mmamr.ax"
+ "MONOGRAM AMR Splitter" "AMR Filter Pack" "MONOGRAM Multimedia, s.r.o." "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\mmamr.ax"
+ "MONOGRAM Musepack Decoder" "mmmpcdec" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\mmmpcdec.ax"
+ "MONOGRAM Musepack Splitter" "mmmpcdmx" "" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\mmmpcdmx.ax"
+ "Moonlight H.264 Video Decoder" "Moonlight H264 Video Decoder" "Moonlight Cordless Ltd." "c:\program files (x86)\sopcast\codec\h264dec.ax"
+ "MP4 Source" "MP4 Splitter" "Gabest" "c:\program files (x86)\tversity codec pack\mp4splitter.ax"
+ "MP4 Splitter" "MP4 Splitter" "Gabest" "c:\program files (x86)\tversity codec pack\mp4splitter.ax"
+ "Mpa Source" "Mpa Splitter" "Gabest" "c:\program files (x86)\tversity codec pack\mpasplitter.ax"
+ "Mpa Splitter" "Mpa Splitter" "Gabest" "c:\program files (x86)\tversity codec pack\mpasplitter.ax"
+ "MPC - Mpeg Source (Gabest)" "Mpeg Splitter" "MPC-HC Team" "c:\program files (x86)\sopcast\codec\mpegsplitter.ax"
+ "MPC - Mpeg Splitter (Gabest)" "Mpeg Splitter" "MPC-HC Team" "c:\program files (x86)\sopcast\codec\mpegsplitter.ax"
+ "MPC - RealAudio Decoder" "RealMedia Splitter" "MPC-HC Team" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\realmediasplitter.ax"
+ "MPC - RealMedia Source" "RealMedia Splitter" "MPC-HC Team" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\realmediasplitter.ax"
+ "MPC - RealMedia Splitter" "RealMedia Splitter" "MPC-HC Team" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\realmediasplitter.ax"
+ "MPC - RealVideo Decoder" "RealMedia Splitter" "MPC-HC Team" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\realmediasplitter.ax"
+ "MPEG4 Video Source" "MP4 Splitter" "Gabest" "c:\program files (x86)\tversity codec pack\mp4splitter.ax"
+ "MPEG4 Video Splitter" "MP4 Splitter" "Gabest" "c:\program files (x86)\tversity codec pack\mp4splitter.ax"
+ "T" "VP7 Decompression Filter" "On2.com Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\vp7dec.ax"
+ "WavPack Audio Decoder" "WavPack Audio DirectShow Decoder" "-" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\wavpackdsdecoder.ax"
+ "WavPack Audio Splitter" "WavPack Audio DirectShow Splitter" "-" "c:\program files (x86)\k-lite codec pack\filters\wavpackdssplitter.ax"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\Credential Providers" "" "" ""
+ "WLIDCredentialProvider" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Credential Provider" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidcredprov.dll"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries" "" "" ""
+ "mdnsNSP" "Bonjour Namespace Provider" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll"
+ "WindowsLive Local NSP" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Namespace Provider" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll"
+ "WindowsLive NSP" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Namespace Provider" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries64" "" "" ""
+ "mdnsNSP" "Bonjour Namespace Provider" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll"
+ "WindowsLive Local NSP" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Namespace Provider" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll"
+ "WindowsLive NSP" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Namespace Provider" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll"

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Open Autoruns, click on "Logon" tab, and UN-check:

+ "ATICustomerCare"
+ "iTunesHelper"
+ "SunJavaUpdateSched"
+ "Google Update" "Google Installer"

When done restart computer and then:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:

It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged
Please do not run any other Auslogics programs other then this one as they may cause unwanted results.

Go to

Start and then to Run
Type in Chkdsk /r Note the space between k and /
Click Enter ...It will probably ask if you want to do this on the next reboot...click Y
If the window doesn't shutdown on its own then reboot the system manually. On reboot the system will start the chkdsk operation
This one will take longer then chkdsk /f

Note... there are 5 stages...
It may appear to hang at a certain percent for a hour or more or even back up and go over the same area...this is normal...
DO NOT SHUT YOUR COMPUTER DOWN WHILE CHKDSK IS RUNNING OR YOU CAN HAVE SEVERE PROBLEMS
This can take several hours to complete.
When completed it will boot the system back into windows.

Let me know if this fixes the problem

Prominia

Prominia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
It took many tries to do all of the steps because my computer kept on freezing trying to do anything. After using the Auslogic defrag it said it couldn't do it because of a disk error. Then i did the chkdsk and now things seem to be running smooth, and I was able to defrag. Windows still wont update and im getting an error code, but i think i can google that and find the problem. I am going to try installing Security Essentials.
Thank you for the help

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What error code are you getting?
Is it a BSOD or just a error message?

Prominia

Prominia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
No I found the fix for some reason it was conflicting with something, restarted my computer and am updating it now, as long as installing Security Essentials again. it was Code 80070020. I appreciate all the help.
Thank you

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem I will await your results.