Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstall vista and install XP

• Please log in to reply

SMS151

SMS151

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
This is the deal.. i have a laptop a preinstalled vista hp laptop ! and i have a cd that i use that lets us erase the disk completly and lets you start from scratch. i have an xp cd preactivated (blue version) that i have used to reinstall xp on my other computer which is an xp computer but is it possible will there be a bug in between uninstalling vista and instlling xp ?

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts

i have an xp cd preactivated (blue version)

Blue Version? That doesn't ring any bells for me. Where did you get this?

but is it possible will there be a bug in between uninstalling vista and instlling xp ?

Depends on the laptop. What Make and Model do you have?

In most situations the manufacturers don't make drivers for XP, so in most cases this won't be possible. In some cases however it is, that's why I am asking for your make/model.

Regards,
Olrik

brayanscholar

brayanscholar

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Be sure to decline that XP drivers are available for all hardware. On machines without the supplied recovery disc, and ensure you make your recovery disks first. If you do not, if it does not work, you come across a bill for the media from the manufacturer, and wait for his arrival.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
XP Blue version information located HERE :D ;)

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
In other words. This is against our Terms of Use to begin with if you plan on using the Blue XP Disk.

Regards,
Olrik

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

In other words. This is against our Terms of Use to begin with if you plan on using the Blue XP Disk.

Regards,
Olrik

;) :D

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
And not to for get

that i have used to reinstall xp on my other computer which is an xp computer

means it is already installed on a computer.