Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

No Audio Output Devices is installed

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just got a new computer that already had windows 7 installed on it. The first day that I used it everything worked fine. Next day I turn the pc on and I have no sound. There is a red X over the speaker icon in my system tray and it shows I have no audio devices installed (showing both enabled and disabled devices). Troubleshooting detects no problems. However, if I restart the computer, sound will be back like normal. So this is what I have to do everyday to have sound; turn on the computer, let it be on for a few minutes, then restart it for sound to work. Sometimes it takes several restarts for it to work. Any ideas?

MY PC info:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 970 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476836 MB, Free - 422812 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M4N68T-M-V2, Rev X.0x, MT7009K56703889

My speakers are Acer, type no. M1118C