Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problems with "WIndows Installer"

• Please log in to reply

kronoz 365

kronoz 365

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi,

I'm having problems with the "Windows Installer". Every time I click on "My Computer" and "Control Panel" (and a couple of shortcut folders) the "Windows Installer" pops open and it says "Preparing to install..."

It takes about 1 minute 45 seconds for the "my computer" or "control panel" to finally open. (I timed it)

This began immediately after going back to a "Restore Point" I created after installing photoshop. The restore point was only about 4 hours old so I know not much had been updated. (if any updates took place)

Things I tried.

Scanned my computer for viruses with Avast, Super Antispyware, Malwarebytes and nothing was found.

Tried reinstalling the "Windows Installer" and it didn't take. It said it was already installed.

I have

My computer is Windows XP pro
Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

Thank you in advance. I don't know what else to do.

Kronoz

Advertisements