Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Copying - CD Burner XP

• Please log in to reply

jbljohn

jbljohn

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
I have a DVD burned and finalized from DVD Recorder (Thanks Geekstogo). Disc plays on computer DVD drive. Using CD Burner XP software and DVD-R disc. When I try to copy disc it goes through Copying, Burning, Writing process for about four minutes and ejects disc indicating copy successful. Finalize disc is selected. Copied disc will not play from DVD drive and is not recognised in DVD player. Ideas please!

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
What type of content are you copying (if it's video, what format is it in?).

Some standalone DVD-players can't playback content recorded on to DVD-R media, not even if it's finalised.
Mine is one such example. Apart from commercial DVD-movies of course, it can only playback content recorded on DVD+R media.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
I copied and finalized video from an 8mm Video cassette.

As far as format, when I open disc in Windows Explorer I get .ts .bvp and .vop; is that even a format? Where do I get format info from?

Owners manual on LG DVD recorder indicates DVD-R "Playable on regular DVD players (after finalization)"

Again they play but can't be copied on computer drives.

:D

Insightma

Insightma

• Pip
  • 1 posts

If the DVDs are home-made, you can take Handbrake. It's fast and free. But if you need to copy protected DVD, you need to take other DVD rippers: http://www.techradar...free-dvd-ripper

Edited by Insightma, 30 November 2017 - 04:13 AM.