Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chrome hijacking my pc

• Please log in to reply

celedon

celedon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I use Explorer out of habit, it came on the pc and I am happy with it. Chrome appeared on my pc without me knowingly downloading it and many links open in it. It seems to have its own bookmarking system, which is a pain, so I uninstalled it. Then many links, from sites I have accessed through my email, would not open; so I've installed it again. Why will some links no longer open with explorer?
Thanks

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
The problem you've had after uninstalling Chrome is well known. It messes up certain entries in the Windows Registry concerning file-type associations.

Uninstall Chrome, then go here & apply the fix by clicking the button "Microsoft Fix It":
http://support.micro...spx?kbid=310049

celedon

celedon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you, I will try that later.